Mauritian residency offers an attractive option for international expatriates looking to live in a paradise location that also offers attractive tax advantages. To qualify requires a minimum US$375,000 investment in a government real estate development. The programme bestows permanent residence on the purchaser, spouse and any dependants up to 24 years of age.
Mauritius is a tropical island nation in the Indian Ocean, uninhabited until attempts by colonial powers to settle the island began in 1598. Possession was passed from Dutch to French to English control before gaining independence in 1965.
It has several advantages as a destination for investors including:
- A trusted legal system using a hybrid mix of French and English law
- Economic and political stability
- A well-developed banking and finance sector
- Highly developed communications and digital infrastructure
- Well established international transport links
- Educated workforce fluent in both French and English
- Low rates of taxation
- Double tax treaties with over 46 countries, including the UK, South Africa
Our previous offering on Mauritius has sold out. However, we currently do have other options available.
If you are interested in real estate investing or moving to Mauritius, we can assist with every detail, from tax planning to property purchase. Please contact Michele urgently at [email protected] or call direct on +971 50 618 6463 to discuss your requirements.