If you have concerns about how your finances are currently structured, worried about your pension or your investment portfolio’s performance, we will review them and give you an independent second opinion for free and without obligation.
Why do we do this?
Not many people are not familiar with finance, the complexity of pensions or cross border regulatory and tax issues. Who has time to pick through and verify all that information and conditions?
Our free appraisal gives people the peace of mind that they are following good advice. We add value by offering suggestions, making recommendations, and always spot something on every portfolio we assess. The advice is entirely without obligation and you can discuss it with your existing adviser as one of your options. The Michele Carby Practice gains because we discover poorly advised people who become our clients.
If a free independent review of financial planning would be valuable to you, please book a call with me so we can introduce ourselves and see how I can help.
Our Financial Health Checklist
Your financial objectives
- What do you want to achieve with your investments and over what time period?
- Are your expectations realistic?
- Are your finances optimised to meet those objectives?
- Do you understand the level of risk in your portfolio?
- Is that level of risk appropriate for your objectives?
- Does your portfolio accurately reflect your desired risk level?
- What is your risk-adjusted rate of return against industry benchmarks
- What are your current pension arrangements?
- Are they on target to meet your objectives?
- Is your pension optimally structured?
- Is it tax efficient?
- Are investments within your portfolio best in class?
- How are they performing against alternatives?
- Are they balanced correctly with appropriate diversity across asset classes and markets?
- Is your portfolio being actively managed?
- Have adjustments been made in a timely and effective manner?
Portability and tax efficiency
- Are your finances and investments tax efficient, both now and if you move jurisdictions?
- Do you know the costs associated with running the portfolio?
- Are those costs reasonable?